21 Vegan One-Pot Recipes To Cover 3 Weeks Worth Of Tasty Plant-Based Eating
If you’ve just decided to cut meat off your diet – congratulations! You’ve taken the first step to changing how your genes work! More on this here.
You may also be finding it extremely challenging to come up with ideas of what to eat, or you might be plain scared that you’ll need to spend hours in the kitchen to put together meat replacements.
Well, the happy news is I’ve just got you covered for the next 3 weeks with 21 super nutritious, tasty, satisfying quick meals that will please your tastebuds AND fit into your schedule!
Why 3 weeks?
This is usually the time it takes to form a new habit and the exact time you need to stop craving things like dairy (and see why it’s scary).
It might even be more exciting to know that your meal and food options are endless – if you EVER thought vegan food is boring and repetitive, you haven’t explored it yet!
So now here’s your chance to do so…
1. 5 Ingredient Black Bean Chilli
- 1 medium yellow or white onion, diced ( + coconut or olive oil)
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed clean + chopped into bite sized pieces (organic when possible | ~4 cups)
- 1 16-ounce jar salsa (chunky is best)
- 1 15-ounce can black beans (with salt | if unsalted, add more salt), slightly drained
- 2 cups vegetable stock + 2 cups water
Recipe and image by MinimalistBaker, where you can find the rest of ingredients and full preparation instructions!
2. Creamy Polenta & Mushrooms
A warm and cozy meal!
- for the polenta:
- 1 cup polenta
- 3 cups water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter (or vegan earth balance)
- ¼ cup grated asiago cheese (optional), plus extra to go on top
- salt, pepper
Recipe and image by Loveandlemons, where you can find the full preparation instructions.
3. Butternut Squash Ramen Bowl With Rice Noodles, Tofu and Pea Shoots
This recipe makes one delicious, super hearty serving for one, and of course is easily multiplied with the right math skills and an extra bowl or two!
4. Chickpea & Artichoke ‘Bliss in a Dish’ One-Pot Wonder
Toothsome chickpeas, soothing potatoes, filling black beans, Mediterranean seasonings and briny olives with a touch of sweetness thrown in. Need you know more? Get the recipe here.
5. African Peanut & Sweet Potato Stew
Did you know you need to eat ‘strong’ foods in order to nourish your body for optimal health and natural weight loss? Download 145 nutrient-dense vegan recipes and learn how to effortlessly nourish your body for boosted energy, health and weight loss!
This delicious vegan and gluten-free stew is made of pantry staples. It’s hearty enough to hold-up on its own, or serve it with rice or quinoa and get more servings out of it.
Get the full recipe at Vegangela
6. Spaghetti Puttanesca With Olives & Artichokes
This one pot spaghetti alla puttanesca packs a punch of protein & flavor with whole wheat pasta, olives, capers, chickpeas, and artichoke hearts, plus a little spice. It can be ready in under 30 minutes! It’s fast, easy, delicious, and pretty fun to make.
7. Easy Creamy Tomato Barley Risotto
- 1 cup dry pot barley
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1.5 cups canned pureed/diced tomatoes (15 oz can)
- 1 cup almond milk (or other milk)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (provides the cheesy/creamy taste)
- 1/2 tbsp Miso, mixed with 1/2 tbsp water
- 1/4-1/2 tsp kosher salt, to taste