IMMUNE-BOOSTING CREAMY VEGAN PARSNIP & WILD RICE SOUP
Don’t you just love it when a meal is a delicious treat, while also working to boost your energy, health, and load you up on all essential nutrients that you need? By the way, The Complete Vegan Recipe Solution features 145 vegan recipes that do exactly that.
This nourishing, filling, and absolutely lip-smacking wild rice soup is something to get excited about! It is chock-full of important, nourishing elements like Zinc, Vitamin C, and fiber. Zinc is often an undervalued mineral, which actually assists with many important functions including healthy skin and nails, eye-sight, immune functions and even more! Zinc deficiencies can be very harmful to your health if developed.
This tasty soup is one way to get a good intake of this essential mineral in a delicious, satisfying way!
- 50g (1 3/4oz) wild rice
- 50g (1 3/4oz) margarine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 450g (1 lb) parsnips, diced 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1.5 litres (2 3/4pints) vegetable stock
- 1 green apple, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped tofu
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 125ml (4oz) unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander(cilantro) leaves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Also check out this Decadent Carrot, Apple and Cashew Vegan Cream Soup